Looking for a logo design and banner!! I think...

hypermass

Hi guys,

I'm in need of a logo design for my up and coming business. I've got some designs on paper. But I have no idea how to get them graphically drawn. I don't won't to go into a place and they charge £100 + because I haven't got a clue.

I also would like a banner... something simple would be great.

The logo will be used for website, social sites, t shirts, leaflets, shop window/sign and letters. Banner will be for shop window, website and social sites.

So hoping for some guidance.. and not to be ripped off.

Also hoping to get it all protected :)

I've replied to your other thread, but I'll also reply here. You should understand that when you get a logo designed, you're not simply buying a product that you can charge a fixed price for, you're hiring a professional to create you something that takes time, experience, and careful consideration to ensure works across multiple mediums.

I'm sure nobody here will rip you off, but professional graphic design is a process that can take a great deal of time, and as such, can come in at a lot more than £100. This depends on the designer and the job in question of course, but I would suggest you'd be looking at around £300 as a starting figure for what you need, though this could be lower if the idea you have already is easy enough to work up into a design. You should get as many quotes as you can, but don't be driven entirely by cost, understand that branding and identity design is tricky and time consuming when done properly.

Hiring someone who has no real idea what they're doing will either result in you having a cheap looking logo (and thus a cheap looking business), or will end up costing you more than you anticipated on reprinting materials because the supplied files are wrong. You may even find you have to eventually hire someone who does know what they're doing to get the job done properly.

Back