Looking for a backup designer to outsource excess work

gprovan

Hi All,

Has there been any threads on outsourcing to other Graphic Designers?
I occasionally have too much work or sometimes take a (gasp!!) day or two off.

On these occasions I could do with someone to just do some quick changes or the odd design job as necessary, and I don't really know anyone that I can rely on.

I suppose some of the things I'd like to ask include:

• What's the going rate for outsourcing?
• How would you make all the files available to the designer?
• Are there any example contracts?
• Anything else to consider?

Ta,

G :thumb:

I'd like to be in that situation, but alas, nevermind.

I'd say the going rate is whatever fits in with your finances. I suppose you'd want to know what you're getting from the other guy is going to be worth your money. Presumably, you'd be paid for the job, then you'd pay him.

I'd suggest Dropbox. Basecamp is another great tool for sharing files.

Contracts - I'd imagine there's some out there somewhere.

Anything else to consider? Well are they good enough? Can you afford to outsource to them? Are they reliable? I'd suggest looking at the things you hope potential clients look at in you.

I'm available by the way. :icon_cheers:

And how many times have I told you to get in touch??? :p

Generally when I do this the relevant files are sent by wetransfer.com

I have an example contract I think, drop me your email addy and I'll dig it out for you. You'll also need an NDA for the work.

Hi All,

On these occasions I could do with someone to just do some quick changes or the odd design job as necessary, and I don't really know anyone that I can rely on.

Ta,

Are these sites good for providing files to clients, like development work and print ready artwork?

Are these sites good for providing files to clients, like development work and print ready artwork?

I regularly use Dropbox with clients to send them files that are too big to email. You can just give them a public link to a file, even if they haven't got Dropbox, and they just download it in their browser. You can also permanenetly increase your maximum space allowance through a referral link. Get 500mb for every referral (here's my referral link if anyone's interested: http://db.tt/beIL3aN9).

I did briefly use Livedrive as a company I work for moved to it from Dropbox. It's a premium service but they had trouble getting it to work properly for some reason (plus the Mac client crashed constantly, even when I wasn't using it). We've since gone back to Dropbox.

There's also Google drive, which I've used on occasion. I much prefer DB though.

Hi All,

Ta,

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum.

I offer my resellers a fixed price for design (and print) on each project plus the final files will be sent to you to pass on to your customers, including the original files if you wish.
I do not have any contracts apart from my terms and conditions plus I do agree that I will contact any of their customers EVER. (unless they of course contact me but I would never tell them I had done their previous work)

Feel free to contact me about any of this.

Best Wishes
Jenny

Being on the other side of the fence- freelancer for many years.
1. Going rates - £20-45hr

2. Make file available with us Dropbox or all work in cloud and supply assess.

3. Contact a bit of waste of time unless your are going to spend lots of cash defending. Fine someone with lots of experience which has ben doing the work of years( used to working on other behalf)

4. Availability. You need two or three freelancers up your sleeve. As we all have deadlines and all not always available.

I hope this help!

mark

Back