Logo Typography advice

Opotts

Hi all,

I'm useless with getting the right font for a brand identity. The below is a tech newsletter aimed at young professionals and college students. I've been staring at these for so long I don't know what to pick any more. Also if you have any other go-to fonts you use let me know. Thanks !

Attachments

• text.png
    text.png
    183.7 KB · Views: 24
You have it as a transparent PNG and I open the preview and it's a black background for me and I can't see the text.

Save as a PNG that is not transparent so it has white background, please.

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm useless with getting the right font for a brand identity. The below is a tech newsletter aimed at young professionals and college students. I've been staring at these for so long I don't know what to pick any more. Also if you have any other go-to fonts you use let me know. Thanks !

Apologies @hankscorpio thanks for pointing this out!

Attachments

• Logoswhite.png
    Logoswhite.png
    236.5 KB · Views: 17
I don't particularly like any of them. It's not just the font. The 'the' is far too small on some. The upper/lower case choice is a problem with one on top of the other. Have you tried
just all in a line to start with - a nice, modern font - Co Headline, Coconpro, Cronos spring to mind. Get the font right before you try different positioning etc. Try the logo above the lettering etc.

Head over to Wordmark.it - it displays all the fonts you have on your machine.

Also, the speech bubble looks wrong on all of them, the position of it doesn't sit right with the text. In fact it doesn't seem to go with the text at all, do you need it?

@Wardy Thanks for the feedback - all super useful. As you can tell not my fortay. I do want a logo of some description - thoughts on this ?

Attachments

• The Triple Bottom2-01.png
    414.3 KB · Views: 16
That already looks better.

Try theTripleBottom all in a row and maybe use the counter in the B, o or p to make a bubble and lose the mark.

Hi Opotts,
I have gone through your attachment, did see with black and white background. The fact is, the text is not exactly organized with the bubble. It's not looking professional and appealing. What you should do is that either change the font or size of the text so it can get matched with the bubble. Currently the text is far big than the bubble and somewhere it is up, and in others it is down the bubble. so there's need to do a lot more modifications.

Back