Logo Poll

I am making a logo for a hydroponic business, retailing indoor growing equipment supplies such as nutrients, pest control, grow lights, grow tents, pumps, heaters, ventilation etc.

The business will be called Hydroponik (with a 'k')

Attached are 3 Logos ideas. All shown with dark and light backgrounds, and also Mono.

I would like to go with the scientific theme, so my idea for the icon was a periodic chart style (hence the uppercase 'H' and lower case 'p', and number 1)

(The chemical element symbol for Hydrogen is number 1 on the periodic chart and is usually shown in green, and as it starts with the word 'Hydro' it kind of all ties together nicely)

Also attached are some ideas for graphics to be used on printed material such as flyers, letter heads and also social media posts etc which involve the hexagon shape chemical compound graphics. This is not meant to be part of the logo but will be a part of the overall brand identity.

With this in mind, which logo do you all think works best? 1, 2 or 3

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Branding.jpg
    Branding.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 7
The one in the hexagon for me. The first one is a bit plain and the third one looks like a cap C.

I don't think there's a periodic symbol with Hp - and peridoic symbol 1 is Hyrdogen.

It's a bit of a stretch, hyrodponics is literally the word hydro (Greek for water - which is H20, not H) and ponics which means labour.
Hyrdroponics literally means working water.

I don't get the reference to the peridioc element 1 being on it - it is stretching it a bit.

And spelling ponic wrong is wrong, unless you're going to be playful with all the words
It could really rub people up the wrong way.

You have a few faux pas going on with H1 and spelling ponics incorrectly.

2 and 3 look like an episode of Blockbusters (did you ever see that game show on tv?)

----
Here's my take on it

You're collobarating too many ideas into 1 logo - it doesn't have to be clever, it doesn't have to be smart
You've got a Periodic Element (that doesn't make sense in science world)
You've got a shape behind the text of a honeycomb which makes me think of Honey, not hyrdoponics
You've got a misspelled word that could upset some folk

All in all you've 3 things going on that don't need to be going on.
Why not pick 1 thing and make that the logos thing - 3 badly executed ideas are an eyesore

You don't need 3 ideas in 1.

Most good logos are just 1 really good executed idea.

I think it needs a lot more work and thought.
It's none for me.

Ok I've took a new approach.

Replaced the 'Hp1' icon with one that represents a tree / plant and signifies growing by the up arrow

Does this work better with the hexagon shape chemical branding?

Plus added a slight gradient to the colour.

Also made a change to the way the text is stylised to keep it simpler from 'HYDROponik' to 'Hydroponik'

Still keeping the 'k' spelling as that's what makes the brand name unique

Attachments

• New Logo.jpg
    New Logo.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 9
  • New Branding.jpg
    New Branding.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 8
Sorry don't know my periodic symbols so maybe what hanksorpio said above is a good point.

I like your latest one too to be honest and prefer it to the first ones.

Ok I've took a new approach.

Replaced the 'Hp1' icon with one that represents a tree / plant and signifies growing by the up arrow

Does this work better with the hexagon shape chemical branding?

Plus added a slight gradient to the colour.

Also made a change to the way the text is stylised to keep it simpler from 'HYDROponik' to 'Hydroponik'

Still keeping the 'k' spelling as that's what makes the brand name unique
Think it was spotted on another forum you posted this it's remarkably similar to other logos to the point it looks like it was copied.

Remember, your logo is an essential aspect of your brand identity and serves as a visual representation of your business. Take the time to explore different ideas, experiment with designs, and solicit feedback to ensure that your logo effectively captures the essence of your hydroponic business.

I deleted the image. It is not allowed to work for free. Imagine if they took the logo, used it, became billionaires and then you sue them for the logo rip off ..

It's just now allowed, describe your idea, and some sketches are fine

Back