Logo Help Brickstation

kberry21

I have a client who needs a logo for a new lego renting company. Its a subscription service that you pay monthly to receive lego sets to build, once your child has finished playing they send it back and will be sent a new set.

Im having a mind block on logo design. Please see some examples which haven't been approved.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 10.52.44.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 10.52.44.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 19
Lego, and forgive me if I insult any adults who play with Lego, is a child's toy.

There's nothing playful about any of the logos presented - they all seem to say something like "Brick Station" where you get the train... or a more adult themed set of toys.

I guess it needs to be more playful.

Im having a mind block on logo design.

LOL! Is that a pun? :D

The two things that seem to stand out is the fact it's lego and the delivery to your door aspect.
I like the isometric route as it lends itself very well to Lego.

Why not make an iso Lego van?
BTW. Just be careful of not stepping on Lego's toes regarding branding as I know they're very funny about that.

Lego, and forgive me if I insult any adults who play with Lego, is a child's toy.

I forgive you.

Building block delivery seems like a rich source of visual inspiration to me. I would also second the isometric building block idea. In my room I've g... I mean... When I was a kid, I seem to remember that I had a lego guy that had a sack barrow and a helmet - pretty basic 'delivery' metaphor, but it could be a starting point for you and could convey motion nicely.

@Jri

You bloody big kid! ;) Takes one to know one.

You have to be careful using the lego people as they are HEAVILY trademarked.
Not so much bricks as other companies make compatible versions.
I once did an iso lego character taking a dump and I had trouble with that. :(

Scatological references often breach brand guidelines in my experience. Good catch on the figurines though, could a company like that perhaps license Lego's branding?

I guess so but I'd imagine it wouldn't be easy.
Especially as the company is 'renting' them out.

Companies like that are really funny about how their branding is used (or miss-used ;) ).

BTW. Everyone poo's. ;)

Thanks guys, he seems to be big on some station sign. Im going to work some more playful designs see if we can step away from the underground sign.

Back