Logo design (constructive crit required please)

olijosm

Hey gang,

I'm working with some guys to create a nightlife company, and this is the first draft of the logo. What do you think? And of course, what would you change?

All feedback appreciated as always.

Thanks!

Oliver

thelicklogoshow.png

I quite like that. Nice and simple and communicates well. Maybe the cityscape at the bottom could do with a bit of tweaking, but, it looks fine to be honest.

the black bg logo i see a faint inner circle dunno if its meant to b there.

looks good tho, name made me chuckle tho

I quite like that. Nice and simple and communicates well. Maybe the cityscape at the bottom could do with a bit of tweaking, but, it looks fine to be honest.

Thanks. How would you suggest tweaking it? The original idea I had was to have the buildings the same width and like an EQ, but I went with this instead.

looks good tho, name made me chuckle tho

OK you've had me staring at my screen for ten minutes now, and I can't see it hah! Where abouts do you mean? And re: the name, chuckle in a good way?

I can't see it on the black background, but I can see a faint grey inner circle on the white background. You must have eyes like a hawk.

In regards to the city, I don't know. It looks a little rushed for some reason, I know you've probably taken a while getting it right, but it feels little "after thought" like? Maybe the graphic equaliser look is the way to go?

Is the brand going to be city specific? If it is, you could incorporate certain skyline elements from the city?

I like Tonys suggestion of a graphic equaliser/city-skape.

Why not make the skyline specific to the city picking out different buildings/monuments? The Lick - London, New York, Paris etc..

I can also see the faint line on the white image, i would push the kerning a little more in nightlife to extend out to this point as the N looks closer than the E.

i cant see the logo(must not be up atm) now but the inner faint circle line was coming from the cityscape to under the text.

the name made be chuckle cause it sound naughty (but that cud just b my dirty mind lol)

and yeah i have eyes like a hawk :D

Back