Logo Critique || Logo entertainment from video games or streams ||

GainzaDesign

Hello I need you to criticize me without fear this Logo. It was made based on customer preferences. It is a brand that belongs to the world of entertainment from video games or streams (Twitch, Facebook, Youtube). The client wanted me to represent their most striking feature which was Cyan or Turquoise Hair.
1123123Recurso 21.png

I looked them up - they are already using the logo.
If they're happy with it - then what is there left to say.

I understand what you say. But I try to improve professionally from the advice of experienced designers that I suppose there is in this forum. The idea is to improve. Able that some designer of advice or criticize or see any errors etc. Although they have accepted it, I always try to improve.

One of the main things you learn in design is 'when to stop' and a key point of that is when the client says they're happy.... if they're using it and haven't complained over it then you've ultimately done your job.

It's a nice design, but further to what the others have said, from a technical point of view there are issues with it.

The zig-zag underneath goes too thin, it disappears when it goes small. The white outline to the head is not consistent enough and some of those curves don't meet.
The mouth and teeth go a bit too thin. Not sure what's happened to the outline to the lettering but it's certainly not consistent or thick enough in places.

There are technical things wrong with it - other than that they would be fixed easily for production.

Are you the twitch user? Is this for yourself?

It's a nice design, but further to what the others have said, from a technical point of view there are issues with it.

The zig-zag underneath goes too thin, it disappears when it goes small. The white outline to the head is not consistent enough and some of those curves don't meet.
The mouth and teeth go a bit too thin. Not sure what's happened to the outline to the lettering but it's certainly not consistent or thick enough in places.
I exported it in very low quality. the outline of the typeface is on purpose.

I agree with @Wardy above.

It just need some refining to take it to the next level.
I think you need to look at the weight of some of the detail like the mouth which isn't strong enough and the shading to the hail looks a bit crude and lacks a bit of style.

The white outline of the head throws me as it's not uniform but that's an easy fix.
That zig-zag underline juxtaposed with the rest of it doesn't seem to work that well as it throws the composition out as the rest of it is symmetrical and it does look a bit 80's.

Hope I'm not sounding too critical here.
All I think it needs is some refining to level it up. (y)

Hello I need you to criticize me without fear this Logo. It was made based on customer preferences. It is a brand that belongs to the world of entertainment from video games or streams (Twitch, Facebook, Youtube). The client wanted me to represent their most striking feature which was Cyan or Turquoise Hair.
View attachment 7896
A solid logo design will always be doable in solid black, before assigning colors. There should be unity of approach. The line around the face is unnecessary. the other lines are very different in nature: the mouth lines are thin and vary thickness, the lines used in the eyes are uniform and thicker. The zig-zag line underneath does not have straight edges.<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Michael, welcome to the forums - I removed your link to the youtube channel as you already posted it in another thread - and using the forums for self-promotion and dropping your link everywhere is not allowed.

You are free of course to drop a link into your signature and this will appear on all your posts - so you don't have to keep posting it.

You can put your link or your website or both in your signature. Thanks.

Back