Link Exchange

Link exchanges are pretty much useless- so personally i'd save your time and use it for something a lot more constructive ie building one way links that would actually be of benefit!

advice

I think three way linking is best, we can get more good pr links with the help of three way linking.

i think three way linking is best

Over a 1 way link? Afraid not- and even then Google can already identify 3way links... so again... lol you might get some link juice from it, but not really enough to warrant spending or wasting your time trying to set such a link exchange up!

Over a 1 way link? Afraid not- and even then Google can already identify 3way links... so again... lol you might get some link juice from it, but not really enough to warrant spending or wasting your time trying to set such a link exchange up!

OH great that's your thinking not mine
i think three way linking is best
if you think that one is best .Can you prove it ?

Search engines give more weigh or importance on one way links, so I think they are the best.
To increase your site's page rank, you must get backlinks from relevant sites that have high page rank.

Yes, backlinks from relevant and high PR sites help to increase PR.

Thanks Sabian, I didn't know of that.

Where does that leave us with regards to submitting to directories mainly for PR purposes?

Link

Getting a link from highly qualified page is best that the link from High PR ,having unique content

Basically what he is trying to say in his broken english is...

You need to be looking to get links from webpages with a high Page Rank, for example, you see a website and you would like to get a link from them, copy the website address where the link would be added e.g their links page or similar and paste it here...

Google PageRank Checker - Check Google page rank of any web pages

If it comes back as PR0, 1 or 2 then really this is of no use to you from an SEO point of view, unless you expect to get click through from this website, basically where their customers browsing their website may click on your link. 99% of the time this is VERY doubtful as links pages are usually tucked away where nobody can find them.

You need to be looking for pages that are PR 3 (min) but ideally 4, 5, 6 >, remember the page with the high PR must be the one you are actually listed on. For example, my homepage is PR5 and a link on here would be good for you (no, sorry) :icon_biggrin:, however, if the link was on an internal page that was perhaps PR1 then this would be a waste of time in my opinion.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Boss - great info.

Tell me something, how can you be so knowledgeable and yet you never caught the Dukes in the act, ever? Further, didn't you pass away in 1994?

Peter!

Out of interest how does everyone else go about building one way links? Link exchanges are easier, but as everyone has correctly highlighted carry far less weight.

I tend to submit articles, add sites to directories (not convinced this is particularly worthwhile anymore), blog etc... However this is perhaps harder when working on a clients behalf as I may not be an expert in their market and therefore artcile writing or blogging is not necessarily viable.

I'd be interested to hear everyones thoughts.

Back