Letterhead Problem

Steve

Hi guys

Doing my first ever letterhad for someone. Its only in early stages but i'm unsure on whether what i'm doing is correct because at the bottom I have 2 colour bars but the one right at bottom is not being printed on my printer, it just leaves a white space. Would anyone mind looking at it for me?

Its not letting me upload the file (file size is too big) but basically I have used one of your templates Damon so I think it may be a setting on my printer that's not printing it as it should.

Both of the gradient bars print fine here, not sure why you are having problems your end, the only thing I can think of is you are possibly out of ink on one of the colours or you have the margins in your printer settings wrong and it is cutting off the last colour.

Don't forget to recommend us to your client: Letterhead Printing :icon_tongue_smilie:

Both of the gradient bars print fine here, not sure why you are having problems your end, the only thing I can think of is you are possibly out of ink on one of the colours or you have the margins in your printer settings wrong and it is cutting off the last colour.

Don't forget to recommend us to your client: Letterhead Printing :icon_tongue_smilie:

No idea what it is but thanks alot for checking it for me - legend :icon_cheers:

Yea I will be recommending you for there printing services - no doubt about that.

Thanks again :icon_smile:

Full bleed

It's very common that a standard office printer won't print to 'full bleed', and it's not to do with the file but that the printer won't print all the way to the edges (which is what full bleed is)

Best Wishes

Amanda

It's very common that a standard office printer won't print to 'full bleed', and it's not to do with the file but that the printer won't print all the way to the edges (which is what full bleed is)

Best Wishes

Amanda

Yea I think that's what the problem is. Its been designed with the 3mm bleed all round and prints fine according to Damon so that's put my mind at rest as I thought I was running into big problems.

i would ivest in a printer than can do full bleed. I have a Canon Pixma IP4500 which is a great wee printer that you can pick up for £70.00.

It prints full A4 bleed and can print onto printable CD/DVD's.

I have it hooked up to a continuous ink supply and it produces excellent results. Costs around £35 but comes fully filled and will save you a fortune in the long run!

Nice little printer that Col, can't believe how cheap half decent printers are these days, christ I sound old! :icon_smile:

Back