Learning Photoshop And InDesign

stevj016

Hello everyone,

I’m currently studying journalism at college, and a part of the course is learning Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. Practically, I’m looking for extra help to be able to learn the programs in my own time, as I’m a complete beginner with them.

I guess I’ll have to get the programs, though I have a pretty standard laptop, would it be able to cope? Are there any books/tutorials that I can buy for the programs?

Many thanks,
Stevj016.

Your best bet regarding getting the software is to look into either older versions of the software (CS3 for example), or student editions of them which you can buy cheap with a hefty discount. Alternaively, Adobe procude Photoshop Elements, which is a stripped down and simplified version of Photoshop that is usually about £60 or so.

As for learning it, the manual and tutorials will teach you most of what you need to know, though I often find 'For Dummies' books to be a good alternative for learning software, though I've never bought a PS book so I can't suggest any I'm afraid.

As for InDesign, I've no experience with it yet, so I can't really help there I'm afraid, save for looking into student editions again.

Back