Know any good typographers?

Chazlene

Heya I need some help with a university project I've been given, one these ones where you're given 1000 words body text and have to produce some interesting page layouts with it in Illustrator or InDesign, with the intention of making it visually pleasing and less daunting to read.

Here's what I've done so far so you get the idea: Typography by Chazlene on deviantART

Of course we have to choose several well known typographers to base our designs off, so far I've made several which were inspired by Jonathan Barnbrook and Alan Kitching.

However I'm stuck at finding any more similar typographers that I like to take inspiration from, so does anyone know of any which would be good to look at? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The work of Neville Brody is fairly similar to what your trying to acheive. Although his work is much more simplistic, the core structure of the design is relevant.

Also you may want to have a look at Swiss Typography and some of the early Constructivist Typography and begin to include colour within your designs.

I hope this helps!

Ah cheers, yeah I'll look at Neville Brody, I feel stupid for not thinking of him in the first place :p

Back