Just a MAC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieCollins

a silly question, but why does everyone seem to push towards a MAC and not windows within designing? are thay faster? im using a mac now and its fucking annoying! only just started getting used to windows photoshop. think im gonna change back haha.

Traditionally - the Mac was a superior computer to a PC. Back in 2006 and before most PCs were mainly office PCs - and high-end PCs were something of unheard of.
Even gaming didn't really need a superior machine to run games, but they were a bit more expensive than a normal PC - and a lot cheaper than a Mac.

Macs were vastly superior computers back in the day.

But nowadays - PCs are just as good - you can buy a high end PC that's x2 as good as a Mac and 1/2 the price.

Why do designers use macs? Legacy I suppose. But nowadays it's much more than that - it's the genre of "it was here when I got here".

Quite like a lot of preflight profiles out there, they were built by someone who knew what they were doing - now there's a mac monkey in their place and they just see red flags, and no idea how to fix them.

I design on a PC laptop at home, and I work on Macs in work.

There's litereally no difference in the software from Mac to PC - except keyboard shortcuts.

Ahhh i get it. this is off topicm but do you have a portfolio of your work? just interested in checking out other people stuff.

Traditionally - the Mac was a superior computer to a PC. Back in 2006 and before most PCs were mainly office PCs - and high-end PCs were something of unheard of.
Even gaming didn't really need a superior machine to run games, but they were a bit more expensive than a normal PC - and a lot cheaper than a Mac.

Macs were vastly superior computers back in the day.

But nowadays - PCs are just as good - you can buy a high end PC that's x2 as good as a Mac and 1/2 the price.

Why do designers use macs? Legacy I suppose. But nowadays it's much more than that - it's the genre of "it was here when I got here".

Quite like a lot of preflight profiles out there, they were built by someone who knew what they were doing - now there's a mac monkey in their place and they just see red flags, and no idea how to fix them.

I design on a PC laptop at home, and I work on Macs in work.

There's litereally no difference in the software from Mac to PC - except keyboard shortcuts.
???

No. I don't even have a portfolio applying for jobs. I'm in the trade for over 20 years. Anyone that needs to see a sample of my work may ask before we commence working together. But I don't keep a portfolio.

No. I don't even have a portfolio applying for jobs. I'm in the trade for over 20 years. Anyone that needs to see a sample of my work may ask before we commence working together. But I don't keep a portfolio.

Oh right, so i cannot see any of your work? being in the trade for 20 years you must have some experiance, why would you not want to show it off?

Oh right, so i cannot see any of your work? being in the trade for 20 years you must have some experiance, why would you not want to show it off?

Why would I? I am paid well. The only people that need to know how good I am is the people I work with.

I have zero desire to "show off".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back