Inserting html picture gallery into Serif WebPlus X5

GedSab

Hello, I know most people will be far more advanced that Serif Webplus X5 but I was given a copy a few years back and I only use it rarely and it does OK for my purposes. My partner who is disabled has a website I built for her concerning her artwork. I added a FLASH gallery which worked OK, but of course now they are fazing out Flash and I need to replace the Gallery. I'm not sure how to replace it or what with, but it was suggested I replace it with an HTML gallery, The Serif WebPlus X5 programme will only give me the options of inserting a Flash Gallery, so I have been trying to discover a way of inserting an HTML gallery into the page, but I can't see anything onscreen and it says something is missing. Anyway basically what I wondered is this, Can anyone advise me on how to insert a gallery of images into her website, What is the best format? HTML or is there something else? and how do I go about it (As in instructions a couple of ratings down from complete idiot, I'm ill as well and on medication which makes concentration difficult) If anyone could take pity on me and give me some advice I would appreciate it. Kindest regards. Gerald

Hi Gerald.

Don’t use galleries. Just keep it very simple and add the full sized images to the page.

Most casual browsing is done using phones or tablets and people are used to scrolling vertically to see image sites.

Hi, Thank you for your help, I appreciate the advice, the website is: www.frazzledcat.com if you fancy a look, obviously I want to do the best I can for her, I have probably made just about every mistake in the book, but we can't afford to pay anyone so I had to do it myself. All the best. Gerald

You could get a free FlickR account or similar - then embed the album in the web page

There are other online gallery builders that you can then use the embed tag

Then you can embed that to the website for people to browse through.

Hi, Thank you for your help, I appreciate the advice, the website is: www.frazzledcat.com if you fancy a look, obviously I want to do the best I can for her, I have probably made just about every mistake in the book, but we can't afford to pay anyone so I had to do it myself. All the best. Gerald
Got it.

Don't use a gallery. Just put the images on the page one after another.

However....

The biggest problem is Serif. It's old and tired and not responsive. This means the layout isn't adapting for small screens.

It might be time to bite the bullet and investigate using something like wordpress. It does all the hard work for you. For example:

No coding required, you just drag and drop the images in to the editor and WordPress sorts it all out for you. Happy to help you with this (for free) if you want.

Back