Illustrator/Photoshop VS Procreate?

Just wondered what people opinions were on these softwares.

I've always used Adobe, but I'm getting an iPad at the end of the month so I can try out Procreate.

Can anyone briefly explain the differences between the two, similarities, pros & cons etc?

And in your opinion, which is better and why?

Thank you in advance! :)

I've heard good things about Procreate with the iPad, and I've not tried it myself, but I'm guessing it will be fairly limited regarding tools etc
compared to something like Photoshop and Illustrator. These are massive apps on a computer, but I think you only get basic versions on an iPad.

It depends what you want to be using it for I guess. Have a go with Procreate first, maybe there are free trials for them all. Check out Affinity Designer too,
it looks great.

I've heard good things about Procreate with the iPad, and I've not tried it myself, but I'm guessing it will be fairly limited regarding tools etc
compared to something like Photoshop and Illustrator. These are massive apps on a computer, but I think you only get basic versions on an iPad.

It depends what you want to be using it for I guess. Have a go with Procreate first, maybe there are free trials for them all. Check out Affinity Designer too,
it looks great.

Thanks! :)
I guess I want procreate for the same purpose as Illustartor and Photoshop; logo design, branding, typography, digital illustration. It is only a one off payment of £10 as well so if it turns out it isn't ideal, I haven't really lost out on much.

Ah, in which case Procreate may not be ideal for you, it's mainly just for digital painting I think.

I'm not sure you should be thinking of using an iPad for professional design, but I may be wrong.
Check out Affinity like I said.

Back