Illustrator Help needed! Freezes everytime I try and save...losing the will to live

wingnut4

Hey Guys

I am ready to crack up...literally...lol

Everytime I try and save a document in Illustrator it freezes.....It is driving me nuts! I used to have this problem with my old computer so I updated my computer and its a good spec so this shouldn't be happening. I have read online about other people having issues and I have tried their suggestions but nothing has worked. Anyone any ideas?

Thank you!

If it's on a new computer and a fresh install then prefs could be a cause, but weird if same thing is happening on both computers.

Suggests it could be an issue with the file.

I'd copy the elements to a new file and see if it makes a difference. Could be a corrupt file.

If it's the same file then I'd say that's corrupt like hank says but if it's happening on all files then I'd say it was Ai.

On the rare occasion I've had its ups with something corrupt in an Ai file and it was a case of picking through it to find to offending thing.

Hey, thanks everyone for the replies. After lots of hunting and looking, I tried so many steps but finally think I got the right one that worked so far! So I had to delete all my fonts (I think some of them were corrupted) And today it has been working so all good so far....

Strange how it does that but other people had the same problem.

If I get stuck again ill come back to you guys, thank you!

Back