Illustrator - Adjusting a palette to match a specific colour

Jri

I have a piece of vector artwork where the client wants a certain blue present in the image to match their corporate colour.

This is straight forward enough, but as you might expect the change causes the other colours in the image to no longer match as they are out of harmony with the new blue.

Is there a way in illustrator to adjust a colour and then apply that same change to another, different colour, not so that both colours become identical to each other - but so that they independently change relevant to their starting colour (Eg: Blue gets its yellow levels boosted and changes to green, therefore any reds would have the same change made and probably change to orange).

One way is to select the entire vector artwork and adjust the hue en masse, but A) I don't want to waste time fiddling with hue/saturation to line up the old blue with their company blue, and B) I want to be very precise and have the blue match exactly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jri

I'm not a huge illustrator user like some others on here but does it have a 'select by colour range' like in photoshop.... quick google seems to imply magic wand 'might' do it but as I say I'm not someone who uses illustrator a lot.

Select your objects you want to change

Go to Edit>Edit Colours>Recolour Artwork

The left is the new colour -
In the Preset - leave it - change the Colors to 1
Double click the Swatch underneat the NEW - and go to the Swatches and make the change to the colour you want it all to be.
Click the down arrow beside the swatch and select Exact

This will change all your colours in the objects you selected to the new colour.

1607791677932.png

In reality - try using Global colours in Illustrator

When you go to Edit>Colours>Recolour Artwork - you might need to click Advanced at the bottom first.

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks so much Hank.

In the interest of sharing info, here's how I got the desired result.

1) Select all of the desired colours to edit
2) Edit > Edit Colours > Recolour Artwork
3) Select the 'Edit' tab within the 'Recolour Artwork' pane
4) Check the chain looking icon (far right, just underneath the colour wheel)
5) Select the colour you want to edit from the highlighted colours on the colour wheel
6) Edit the colour using the sliders on the lower left of the pane (the other colours edit relatively, now that they are 'chained' to the core colour you are editing)

Hope that helps anyone in the same boat.

Back