Ideas for a business identity/logo? Stuck!

Sean

Hello all,
Im looking for some ideas for a local plumber whos recently started up his business and wants an identity/logo for his company.
He wants it to be professional, but not so professional that people automatically presume he will be expensive and he wants to steer clear of all the usuall plumbing and heating icons... dripping taps, flames, water drops, blue and red text etc.
I've come up with a few ideas but im not impressed with them myself let alone showing them to an extremely fussy customer.
So I've hit a brick wall, can anyone point me in the right direction for some good quality ideas/ispiration.

Any help much appriciated
Regards
Sean

Hiya, without knowing what sort of things you have done so far...but what about focussing on the 'local' aspect and trying to reflect that in the logo? Im not sure if he just works in his immediate area though or further afield aswell so this may not work but it was first thing that came to mind.

I like the process sheet @andybdesign - I might be taking a few ideas from that and incorporating them in my workflow!

My 5cents on this project would be to go down the iconography route... Something memorable, appropriate to plumbing - even if to professionals its a bit of a cheesy idea. Have a look at what this company have done to make their plumbing brand stand out: Leak Detection, Boiler Installation London, Plumbers in London, Central Heating Repairs, Water Detector

We actually used to share a building with this company, so that's how I know them! Very successful due to the memorable (but cheesy) branding. Sounds like the angle your client might be looking for

Thanks for the help, the process sheet is very helpfull so thanks very much for that.
I did suggest cheesy like the leak busters but he also turned his nose up at that, im begining to think he doesnt actually want a logo lol

thanks again any more help is much appriciated.

Back