I know your gonna dig this...

dogsbody

Heard a tale from a former work colleague today. One of the sales liars needed to try and colour match a pantone colour but couldn't find the swatches.
So James T Kirk, as I shall refer to him, thinks I know I'll print the pantone on the desktop printer and take it upstairs to be colour matched!!!!

May I invite scores on the stupid scale with 0 being not at all stupid and 10 being thick as pig poo.:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

11!......what a nob!

Why not get his crayola crayons and try and do it that way! probably would be more accurate!

Funny actually, because the guy is exactly that!

He's also attempted to colour match via a TFT monitor. An uncalibrated one at that. :icon_hide:

I won't go on, otherwise this'll have to be moved to the rage thread, but the guy got me to do a proof print for a client, then supplied me with colour references afterwards.:icon_Wall:

He's still employed, how? because he can sell, allegedly.:icon_cursing:

And breathe...

That's what you get by trusting sales reps...
Sorry, got to go now, someone is faxing their artwork but he does not know the spot colours he used to create it. So I'm gonna calibrate the press to the fax sheet....8-/)

Reminds me of when I was at school in an odd way...
Our chemistry teacher one Christmas (which we found out later was an amusing competition amongst the staff) conducted experiments with colourless odourless gases for an hour.

Back