Huge Poster Design Quote, Help!!!

emywap

Hi everybody!! I've just became a member of this forum and I already need your help!!:icon_confused:
A shop asked me to design a huge poster of 5,60m X2,65m. it's the first time I have this big size poster to do: which price would you ask for the graphic design?
(He gave me a picture to include and the idea of the text he wants in this big poster.)

Work out how long it's likely to take you then multiply that by your hourly rate. then add the cost of the print, postage etc... thats what you charge.

On a side note, just because its going to be printed bigger, doesn't necessarily mean its going to take longer to design. As far as the design is concerned, it's only as big as your layout pad & computer monitor.

Last edited:
Hi everybody!! I've just became a member of this forum and I already need your help!!:icon_confused:
A shop asked me to design a huge poster of 5,60m X2,65m. it's the first time I have this big size poster to do: which price would you ask for the graphic design?
(He gave me a picture to include and the idea of the text he wants in this big poster.)

Are you asking us how much you should charge or are you asking one of our members to quote on doing the job for you?

I'm actually asking what am I supposed to charge..Usually hourly is around £40, and this job takes about 15 hrs., but the thing is, like this, only for the job I'm supposed to ask £600,but he asked me other jobs as well, for all the shop. I would like to make a fair price for keep working with him. The design is not so difficult, but required a long work for cleaning the image given for the high resolution print.

I'm actually asking what am I supposed to charge..Usually hourly is around £40, and this job takes about 15 hrs., but the thing is, like this, only for the job I'm supposed to ask £600,but he asked me other jobs as well, for all the shop. I would like to make a fair price for keep working with him. The design is not so difficult, but required a long work for cleaning the image given for the high resolution print.

If you are already aware of what the other work is, you could always declare each price but offer to do all of them for a reduced price overall?

e.g. "Usually £600 and £200 but I'll do both for £650" or something and treat it as a package.

If not, you could always just drop the hourly rate a bit for this one particularly job, even £30 an hour would drop it to £450 which looks much less than £600.

Are you providing the print yourself too?

Work out how long it's likely to take you then multiply that by your hourly rate. then add the cost of the print, postage etc... thats what you charge.

On a side note, just because its going to be printed bigger, doesn't necessarily mean its going to take longer to design. As far as the design is concerned, it's only as big as your layout pad & computer monitor.

Dave pretty much covered what I'd suggest above. :icon_thumbup:

If there is alot of retouching / clean up work to do on an image before even designing. I'd break down the quote, retouching x amount, design x amount - that way they can see if it's worth retouching the image or maybe sourcing another similar or better image instead to reduce the overall cost.

I really should read properly :icon_smile:

Can you tell me exactly the material you want it printed on?[/QUOTE

well, I'm not quite sure yet!! what do you suggest? I don't know if I want to use vynil for banners because it's a shop in central London, and I would like to propose something special: I found there are some textile materials for printing but I'm open to any new suggestions!!! If you have any let me know, please, would be really appreciated!!:icon_smile:

Can you tell me exactly the material you want it printed on?[/QUOTE

well, I'm not quite sure yet!! what do you suggest? I don't know if I want to use vynil for banners because it's a shop in central London, and I would like to propose something special: I found there are some textile materials for printing but I'm open to any new suggestions!!! If you have any let me know, please, would be really appreciated!!:icon_smile:

Just one more thing and to make sure, can you just confirm if its for internal or external use please?

Should get back to you tomorrow, I'll send you a PM.

Back