How to round this part of letter K in Adobe Illustrator

eleanornoodle

Hi, I'm teaching myself to use illustrator and would like to know how to round the point of the K the red arrow is pointed at I already managed to
round all the other ends of the kay by pulling in the small circles in the corners but am unsure what method I could use for the final part because
there doesn't seem to be a round corner maker I can pull in. Hope that makes sense:X3:
Thank you.
k edit.JPG

Zoom in
And use the Pen Tool to remove the middle node
1650517829738.png

Under the Pen Tool - click and hold on it to bring up the tools underneath it
You will see a tool like this ^
1650517943695.png

Click on the remaining nodes
1650517976398.png

Click the White Arrow Tool
And you now have your rounding corner nodes back in action.

1650517998672.png

Zoom in
And use the Pen Tool to remove the middle node
View attachment 8282

Under the Pen Tool - click and hold on it to bring up the tools underneath it
You will see a tool like this ^
View attachment 8283

Click on the remaining nodes
View attachment 8284

Click the White Arrow Tool
And you now have your rounding corner nodes back in action.

View attachment 8285
Wow, you're amazing thank you so much for taking the time to show me that. Can I ask if you know of any YouTube videos etc that teach I guess the illustrator basics but especially customising type? I've made my way through a 3hr YouTube video on illustrator for beginners and that's been helpful. I guess a lot of it is trial and error? Thanks again

I would never suggest using youtbue - you're learning from amatures who have no idea what they are doing and making mechanical errors in their processes.

I would recommend something like LinkedIn Learning you can get a free 1 month there on the site and they have lots of tutorials.

This blog is also a must

They have books Real World Illustrator - and I'd highly recommend buying that book and having it as a go to on your desk.

I would never suggest using youtbue - you're learning from amatures who have no idea what they are doing and making mechanical errors in their processes.

I would recommend something like LinkedIn Learning you can get a free 1 month there on the site and they have lots of tutorials.

This blog is also a must

They have books Real World Illustrator - and I'd highly recommend buying that book and having it as a go to on your desk.t

hey sound perfect. I will take a look at your suggestions.

This blog is also a must

They have books Real World Illustrator - and I'd highly recommend buying that book and having it as a go to on your desk.
Perfect, these sound great thank you

Back