How to convert CVC Pantone colours back to CV on Illustrator v9 / Mac OS9

cegd

I have had a copy of Illustrator 9 running on an old Mac so I can open and save old native files without upsetting my current workload.

A while back I imported a very old AI file which had CVC Pantone settings and it has over-written the existing CV Pantone settings and I can't get the original CVC default settings back - does anyone here know how I can restore the original default settings?

I have tried deleting and reloading Illustrator but this has no effect.

Thanks!

You don't need to - it just references to the ink in the Pantone Book - whether it's Pantone 299 CVC or Pantone 299CV or Pantone 299C - they're the same thing.

You don't need to - it just references to the ink in the Pantone Book - whether it's Pantone 299 CVC or Pantone 299CV or Pantone 299C - they're the same thing.

Thanks Hank - I do realise that but the problems start when supplying ai or eps files to other designers or agencies who get confused, or complain that the colours do not match their branding guidelines.

It's only a problem when working with the older files so something I can live with most of the time.

You can change the name to anything you like - so you can add in the CVC or remove it.

I'd really just explain they are the same thing.

I could choose Reflex Blue and the printer could print it pink, as he's just mixing an ink.

For example, if I did 2 colour job 299C and Black.

I could instruct the printer to use 199 instead, and instead of black to use Rubine Red.

All the colour code is to reference a colour back to the printers, and once it's the same Pantone 199C, CV or CVC then it's that colour for everyone.

I know what you're saying - but you can get around it by editing the Swatch Name.

Back