How many words should be included in a meta name description tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just in the process of adding tags to my homepage (see below). I've got my head around H1 but according to an SEO analyser, my meta name description tag is too short. I don't understand why because the tag is 19 words long and the margin is supposed to be between 12 and 24 words long. Can anyone help?

It's actually a pixel limit rather than a character limit. That's why it's "roughly 155 characters". If this is WordPress the Yoast SEO plugin will give you feedback on length as you type. Good luck.

The meta descriptions can be of any length, but search engines truncate snippets longer than 160 characters. It is best to keep meta descriptions between 150 and 160 characters.

I'm just in the process of adding tags to my homepage (see below). I've got my head around H1 but according to an SEO analyser, my meta name description tag is too short. I don't understand why because the tag is 19 words long and the margin is supposed to be between 12 and 24 words long. Can anyone help?

Earlier the limit of meta description was 100 to 110, but now the limit has increased from 110 to 150-160 characters. Now these number of characters can have any number of words in it. You can have description long than 150 too, but Google doesn't read content beyond the prescribed limit. So it's preferred to have meta description with the limit of 160 characters max.

i think meta name description tag should be between 130 - 140 words is appropriate, not too long and not too short, can be fully displayed on google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back