How is this template done?

FelipeBerns

Hi everyone, I am not a designer, but I really want to have a recommendation from one.
I want to build an editable book review template that is easy and effective to edit for multiple books.
Something very similar to this: [mindset philosophers notes pdf from academia.edu]

Does anyone know how is this template made? Is it through Wordpress, acrobat, word? Is this a work from a graphic designer or a coder?

I want a template which I can switch the book covers, names, the main ideas, quotes, main text and author photo and info at the end to each new book I will review.

I ordered a person to do one template for me, but it was made through Adobe Illustrator. Although I love how it looks, it is every time a huge hassle to edit it. This is the one [random pdf link]
I want to be able to build one exactly in this appearance, but more effective to edit.

Which professional should I contact?

Appreciate your answers.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've removed the links to the pdf files for the safety of our users (they can have embedded malware etc), if you'd like to upload images/screenshots we'll be more than happy to help you.

Hi everyone, I am not a designer, but I really want to have a recommendation from one.
I want to build an editable book review template that is easy and effective to edit for multiple books.
Something very similar to this: [mindset philosophers notes pdf from academia.edu]

Does anyone know how is this template made? Is it through Wordpress, acrobat, word? Is this a work from a graphic designer or a coder?

I want a template which I can switch the book covers, names, the main ideas, quotes, main text and author photo and info at the end to each new book I will review.

I ordered a person to do one template for me, but it was made through Adobe Illustrator. Although I love how it looks, it is every time a huge hassle to edit it. This is the one [random pdf link]
I want to be able to build one exactly in this appearance, but more effective to edit.

Which professional should I contact?

Appreciate your answers.
Thank you.

Below I show the screenshots of the templates I was talking about. The first link corresponds with the first picture (48) and the second successively.

Thank you for informing me about the links Levi.

Attachments

• 48.png
    48.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 49.png
    49.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 6
What are you going to do with this template? Are you for example going to publish is somewhere?

I want to publish it on my website that is in process of creation. The idea is for people to have a downloadable PDF with the book reviews. Later I think about monetizing this access to the public.

The website would only need to give access to the link of the PDF.

I want to publish it on my website that is in process of creation. The idea is for people to have a downloadable PDF with the book reviews. Later I think about monetizing this access to the public.

The website would only need to give access to the link of the PDF.
A complete waste of time. I don't want to download a PDF to read a review. Just publish the review on your website as a blog post. Look at all the other review sites to see how they do it.

Besides an advice on my project idea, does anyone know with which software such template can be done?
You can create something like that using word or adobe acrobat. You could even replicate that using excel (but I wouldn’t).

Back