How are things out there in the print world?

myphil1966

Don't know about you but a couple of weeks ago it felt like the tap had been turned off phones quiet and very few emails our customers said they were very quiet then but things in the last week seem to have picked up a bit, luckily we are quite small so we don't need much to be busy, we all know print is a funny business but was just wondering if any one else had some good news to report would be nice to hear instead of all the gloomy crap that gets spread on the news all day
cheers Phil

Very quiet at the moment - though quite a lot in the pipeline. Speaking to clients they say that they are quiet too - even 'food people' who don't normally notice downturns in the same way. Just have to keep talking to people!

We've been very busy since the beginning of September. Prior to that we've been fluctuating throughout the year. Strange really when this is usually the time of year when things are starting to wind down.

As far as design for print and print reselling goes, I've been busier this past 2-3 weeks than I have been for a long time but nobody's spending! I'm being asked to cut corners left right and centre to get prices right down, which inevitably means that quality is suffering and so are my profits.

Back