Hosting - What do you think's reasonable?

What do you think is a reasonable price for Unlimited Web Hosting?

• £0-£10

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • £11-£20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £21-£30

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • £31-£40

• £41-£50

• £51-£60

• £61-£70

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • £71-£85

• £86-£99

• £100+

• Total voters

Xenonsoft

Well, as the title says, what do you think is a reasonable amount for unlimited bandwidth and unlimited space web hosting per year?*

It can be either a Windows or Linux server, so no worries over that. We just wanted to gauge what people thought was a good price, so please let us know your thoughts! :icon_smile:

Please vote and comment if you feel the urge :icon_biggrin:

* - Fair usage policies obviously apply​

Last edited:
Change Unlimited to Unmetered, and I may be tempted to vote.

When you find an unlimited HDD, let me know. Even my SSH starts to scream at me when I say 1TB

I know it causes controversy, but it is unlimited, unless you're trying to host google or istockphoto on the servers.

Obviously people will say that's not unlimited, but it is, with a but. We feel it's so close to unlimited we can call it that, and let people know fair usage policies apply.

Sorry but I have to completely disagree.

I will forgive the fact that you completely contradicted yourself, though.

I have a wealth of experience in the webhosting industry, and any self-respecting intrepeuner will simply laugh at your website if it states 'unlimited'. Not only will they assume you have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about, but they will also think you are merely reselling, and overselling at that.

Unmetered is much more widely accepted, and will gain you the respect you probably deserve: It shows a knowledge and understanding, as well as suggesting experience. You cannot apply an AUP to unlimited hosting, because that would just be hypocritical. Obviously, unmetered is a different story.

I sincerely hope you decide to change your terminology, for your own benefit.

Remember: Webhosting isn't get-rich-quick. My team work 24 hours a day, 7 days a year with 3 hours off for Christmas Dinner. Don't expect to see a significant return until your 3rd year, and please - for the sake of your clients - be dedicated and knowledgeable. I would certainly not want to be hosted with you after the arguments you have displayed about.

Chris, I appreciate your forthrightness on this. Hosting is our 'add-on' product, but we're looking to push it so I'll certainly investigate the terminology further.

Back