Help....Saved pdf image not the same!

S

suzy@cystem

Hi guys,

Right i have a logo that i have done for a client. It's exactly the way she wants it. The problem i have is that when trying to save it as a PDF from photoshop, I'm getting excellent quality but some of the lettering is appearing white in the saved PDF and when it is printed. When i tinker with the compression settings it stops this but the quality is not as good.

Any suggestions as to where i am going wrong?

Suzy

Here is whats happening:-

Attachments

• screenprint.jpg
    screenprint.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried flattening before PDF'ing? (save as diff name to your layered file). Sometimes the flattening at pdf stage causes the problems. I don't know why this has happened, I'm just thinking of things you could try. Do you have any hidden layers which could be affecting things when you PDF?

Ps. you should design logos in illustrator as vectors. :icon_smile:

Thanks again for the replies,

I had tried flattening the image but it still lost quality or though the white on the letters didn't happen.

However after a lot of tinkering and a process of elimination i cracked it and all i needed to do was keep the layers as they were and convert the letters to shapes. When printed there was no white on the lettering and the quality was lovely!
Just a shame it took me a good couple of hours to work that one out!! lol!:icon_smile:

Suzy

Glad you crackeD IT suzy, bit of a face palm moment for me not suggesting outlining fonts earlier (oops)! When you design logos you should always convert your font to outlines, and preferably use illustrator or similar to create a vector logo. This way, you will have none of the quality problems you were experiencing as it was rasterized, and you are able to enlarge to any size you wish. :icon_smile:

Back