HELP PLEASE "morphing"

Ben Russell

Hey Im studying a foundation degree in art and design and I specialize in graphics. only downside being the graphics students often get given a more fine art orientated Brief the latest one being "Feast" Ive decided to try and create images of fruit with human characteristics. Im having a lot of difficulty making them look realistic Im using photoshop cs3 but have the whole cs3 suite can anybody help with a tutorial? it would be much appreciated as the deadline is in two weeks Thanks in advance!!

Not really sure what you need to do but maybe illustrator might be more suitable if you creating from scratch.

Just to throw a spanner in the works here as you obviously already have your idea, but surely "feast" doesn't have to be taken so literally? I.e. you don't necessarily need to do something along the subject of food. Feast could be interpreted in a number of ways, maybe thinking about that would enable you to answer the brief with more of a graphic design influence.

Exactly, think outside of the box. One of my degree projects had the very uninspiring title of "Feeding the pigeons in the park" so weirdo boy here painted lots of pigeon wings close up, two human hands held up as if trying to defend themselves, blood splats, a sense of commotion / chaos thus conveying piegeons feeding on a person in the park.

Wa Ha Ha.

Got a good mark so obviously did something right :icon_lol:

One of my degree projects had the very uninspiring title of "Feeding the pigeons in the park" so weirdo boy here painted lots of pigeon wings close up, two human hands held up as if trying to defend themselves, blood splats, a sense of commotion / chaos thus conveying piegeons feeding on a person in the park.

I would actually love to see this piece! :icon_thumbup:

Def stay away from food if you can. Do the unexpected. Feast to me means injesting lots of things I like....first thing that popped into my head was how children and men are consumed by video games etc...can be addicted even (not sure what relevance that has but turn the brief inside out, upside down and the wrong way round and you might get some inspiration..a brain wave or a mistake that could lead you somewhere interesting and DIFFERENT!

Back