Help Personal Logo Design

Truthfully? It looks like an istock vector graphic and I'm not really a fan of the font / text placement. I don't honestly think that potrays you in the right way. (Sorry).

That's a corker. As a rule I'd try not to show in the logo, what's said in the copy. i.e you're called speedy graphics, so the logo doesnt have to say that again.

Which name are you planning to use, i see in your introduction its Robotkid graphics and above its speedy graphics?

If 'speedy' is part of your offer, i.e you create work quickly then I'd suggest including some form of motion/speed or movement.
However, depending upon the kind of work you are looking for, is a skateboarder really a good icon?
If that IS your market then fine.

Logo design wise - the concept is effect over quality. It looks ok because it's nicely rendered, but try working on logos in one colour and see how that influences your style. Usual advice is based around it's reproducability(!) at small scales and in single colours.

Thanks for all the advice and i will change it to Robokid Graphics as it seems to work better for me ill post it up when im done.

Okay so you've gone from a skate shop, to a jewellery shop/natural stone products.

Yet again you are paying too much detail to the effect you are applying. Does this latest set of designs say Graphic Design??

Forget the effects and the final look of the logo for now. Work ONLY in black and white and create an identity only as a silhouette. If it doesn't work in black and white without text and effects applied, then it still needs work.

Sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch sketch and do a bit more sketching until you have pages filled with ideas.

Working on a logo directly on screen will likely result in something a bit shit. Sketching frees up your mind and prevents you getting bogged down on a single idea and trying to force it work. It also means you can try lots of different ideas quickly. I tell myself if an idea for a logo can't be drawn in a matter of seconds and still be recognisable, then the design is too complicated.

Whilst you can draw the above designs in a few seconds, their silhouette is not uniquely recognisable; A circle, a rectangle, and a combination of the two are hardly going to stick in people's minds.

thanks for all the advice just working on a small idea and before i make any improvements what do you think of the stem idea (picture below)
logo.jpg

You didn't answer my other question, or take on board any of the advice you've been given, so I'm going to be more blunt. They're all horrible. Nowhere near the standard I would expect of someone calling themselves a designer. Listen to the advice of the other posters on here. Sketch - that's important. But honestly, I'd got and get some sort of training. And if you've already had some, go and get some more.

Back