google search for my website.

richard58

Please please can someone help me???
I am a layman and new to this website stuff,so hope someone can help me in simple terms?.

Recently i designed a simple website to go live from vistaprint onto the internet,but any question i ask them is the same response so im getting fed up now.
To put it simply,vistaprint said my website would go live,but everytime i go into the google page and put my www.address in and hit the search button my site isnt there!!but somewhere i read that google takes upto 14 days for my website to be registered with them???????so does that mean that in 14 days time if i do another search,my website will come up?????

Please can someone help me as im pretty peed off now.

Richard.:icon_Wall:

If the website is live typing the URL into your browser will work, it has nothing to do with google whatsoever.

I think he means via google. A strange way of doing it I know but, Yes it will take a while for google to find your website and add you to its listings. Make sure you are typing in the address correctly. Make sure also that your website is actually live, by using the address bar in your browser rather than google as boss hog suggests. Google lists almost every site in existence, so you can appreciate it wont be immediate!

Hi Richard,

I seems like you are getting a bit confused between your website going live and it appearing in google - these are not linked.

You will know if your site is live because when you type your URL (www.address) directly in the address bar your site should appear, if it does not then your site is not live.

For it to appear in google you need to submit your URL to them using the link Boss Hog gave you. It could take an anywhere from 2 days to an infinite amount of time to get indexed; This is because, basically, google holds your site at arms length to make sure your site isn't full of malicious software, spam or harmful content. Once it has established this it should appear.

Google is a free search engine so has a responsibility to it's user to carry out such checks.

If you want to get your site on to page one of google you need to be looking at SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) which is a whole different ball game!

I hope this brief explanation has been some help to you!

Holly

yeah you will have to wait a while for google to index your site but you can submit your site to google but again this will still take some time!

What a curious route to create a website. I bet the URL is atrocious.

My suspicion is these 'websites' are more about backlinks for VistaPrint than for the client.

If you are building a commercial website - you're making a mistake you will regret, don't invest much time on it. If it's just for fun - carry on.

Peter

Hi richard58,

In regards to:

To put it simply,vistaprint said my website would go live,but everytime i go into the google page and put my www.address in and hit the search button my site isnt there!!but somewhere i read that google takes upto 14 days for my website to be registered with them???????so does that mean that in 14 days time if i do another search,my website will come up?????:

I think what VistaPrint is stating is they are asking you to check if your website has been indexed by Google (this is done by crawlers from Google). To do this you can:

1) Go to Google
2) Type the following:
Code:
site:www.address.com
3) If you receive a result your site has been indexed

Another way to speed this process up is to sign up to the Google Webmaster tools:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

From here you can submit your site to Google and also monitor it's progress using the advanced tools available to you.

Let me know how you get on :icon_smile:.

Back