Getting going with a question!

Mark H

Hi Everyone,

Just joined this forum and mainly to ask a question.

First, tiny bit of background. I have been doing some design work, such as for church and my own things, and wanted to take it further.

I'm looking into doing a graphic design diploma and getting some Adobe software.

I've been using Serif software, but have been advised by a printing associate of mine that Serif is rather infamous!

Hope to look into this forum and get some tips and ideas, but for now can I ask if anyone has heard of The Graphic Design School? I found them online and at first look seem to offer a good course.
Graphic Design School | Graphic Design College | Graphic Design Courses

Many thanks,
Mark.

Its not something Ive ever come adross before but to issue you with a recognised qualification, regardless of who the course has been devised by it would need to conform to the education boards curriculum and be validated by a recognised University.

*EDIT*

Ive just had a look at the site and I would be very dubious about handing over £600 for an online training course! If you really want to do design, go to your local Uni or College and enroll on an evening/night class. An HNC can be completed part time over the space of an academic year and will give you a very good founding for future training/employment!

*EDIT*

Ive just had a look at the site and I would be very dubious about handing over £600 for an online training course! If you really want to do design, go to your local Uni or College and enroll on an evening/night class. An HNC can be completed part time over the space of an academic year and will give you a very good founding for future training/employment!

Thanks bigdave, that's part of the reason I'm seeking advice. My local colleges aren't doing any courses at present, but I can look into some nearby towns (Brighton/Lewes).

Thanks,
Mark.

If brighton is commutable have a look at this. These are the art & design related courses available.

Thank you bigdave, but I am really looking for a shorter course to fit in with other commitments. The graphicdesignschool course will give me the ability to study flexibly and also get the course complete by September 2010, at which point I will be looking to do another, unrelated college course.

But thank you for your assistance.

Mark.

Back