Genuine advice needed

Disre

Hey all, I'm a 24 gear old female. I've suffered with depression and ptsd for many years causing a big impact on my career. 7 months ago I came across graphic design due to owning a cutting machine I started making my own cut files with Adobe illustrator and I've really enjoyed it and it's something I could see my self doing for the forseable future... Recently I have been given an amazing opportunity for funding/ grant for education (approx £2500 i could possibly get more..) was wondering if anyone could give me genuine recommendations/ advice on any education / recognised courses with certificates etc.... preferably online I'm based in South wales, United Kingdom. My problem looking my self is most courses all say there the best etc... & I'm not sure what to belive.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Tia x

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t do it online. A fair chunk of the design education process is critiques, and peer reviews. Much better to do an actual degree at an actual uni. If you are in South Wales, you don’t have far to go.

Hey all, I'm a 24 gear old female. I've suffered with depression and ptsd for many years causing a big impact on my career. 7 months ago I came across graphic design due to owning a cutting machine I started making my own cut files with Adobe illustrator and I've really enjoyed it and it's something I could see my self doing for the forseable future... Recently I have been given an amazing opportunity for funding/ grant for education (approx £2500 i could possibly get more..) was wondering if anyone could give me genuine recommendations/ advice on any education / recognised courses with certificates etc.... preferably online I'm based in South wales, United Kingdom. My problem looking my self is most courses all say there the best etc... & I'm not sure what to belive.
Tia x
Well, I agree with sprout. It is important to visit the offline classes. It is the best option because that's how you can get feedback about the education process's success and keep improving your skills. And the offline classes will help to find useful connections to form the community and find like-minded people.
Most well-known colleges and universities have design schools and departments. To choose the best you can contact each education institution directly.

Tia x
It may sound not that nice, but if you are seeking online then you can take courses from Udemy/Skillshare or many other things like that. You do not need to do formal education if you are doing it online.

In pandemic, it was a different story but I think if you want to do by procedure and traditionally, in-person is the way to go

Back