Gaining confidence..

Soprano

Hi all.

I have been putting off taking a dive into freelancing for a while now, mainly because I lack in confidence in what I can (or can't) do.

I have no doubt I can take on projects, but with little support from those around I find I worry too much over what other people think - even when I have good feedback on things I have done!

I often think having a degree behind me would help but at the same time, I'm of the thinking that you don't need a piece of paper to say whether you can be a designer - your talent shines through in your work.

I would love to make a start on my portfolio site which would start the ball rolling in trying to get clients, but I also feel like I could do with more time to touch up my "skills" in different area's.

I know 110% that this is where I would love for my career to be, I just need a nudge in the right direction to keep me going! Does anyone have any tips on how to believe more in myself and my work? Have you found yourself in a similar position, how did you get out of it?

Thanks for any help! :icon_smile:

Hello there!

4 years ago if someone had said to me I would be running my own design company in 4 years time I would have never believed them! Like you I lacked in confidence and ability and having not been to university thought there was no way I was good enough!

However here I am 4 years later with a successful design company all of my own - granted I still have a lot to learn but then life would be a boring road if we knew everything to start with!

If you are getting good feedback on your work get going on that portfolio - believe me once you get started and get some clients, your confidence will soar!

Good luck!
Joanne :icon_smile:

Back