Fonts for items we sell

Kris289

I am looking for some help and advice. I newish when it comes to sourcing fonts for products and wondering if anyone could give me some advice. We are looking for fonts we could use on items that we will be selling ,but as I am aware not all fonts can be used. I have seen a few fonts on sites that say they are 100% free but on speaking to the creators they inform us that we couldn't use the font for the purpose intended. What I'm looking to find out his how could we be 100% sure that the fonts are for out intended use and could anyone recommend some good sites where we can find fonts for our purpose. Thanks for any help.

Basically you need to ensure that the font you are using has the correct license and this varies between sites meaning you will need to check the t&c's of the site/fonts you are looking to use.

Most reputable sites offering fonts will have this clearly visible. Google fonts for example has a clearly labeled tab saying license.

You're doing the right thing.
Research the fonts - get the correct licesnses.

Even it says not for commercial use - contacting the font creator - they might have a commercial version for sale.

Keep going - get the licenses and the confirmation that they are intended for purpose.

I typically have this with stock images - and often need to buy a much more expensive license for the usage I need.

Back