Flash. Advice.

rossnorthernunion

Finally getting round to teaching myself flash.

I'm wanting to create a simple flash movie consisting of 3 images that consistantly rotate on a website. I also want the transition between the images to be a - fade out to black - fade in from black sort of thing.

I've got my images in - sorted.

Under the help button its saying to go to -

Select the screen for which you'd like to add a transition.
If the Behaviors panel isn't visible, select Window > Behaviors.
Click the Add button (+) in the Behaviors panel, and select Screen > Set

But when i click on behaviors there isnt a screen option for me to click.

Or is there a much easier way of doing this? A way would stop me banging my head off the wall?

Any help well recieved.

Be gentle - this is my first flash experience.

Screw flash, I prefer jQuery and Javascript. They do the same job, and it's just as easy... or hard :)

tim-ater said:
Screw flash, I prefer jQuery and Javascript. They do the same job, and it's just as easy... or hard :)

I'm reading that and to be honest it's just noise.

When i master flash - i'll start on ijockey and guavaskip.

I'm reading that and to be honest it's just noise.

When i master flash - i'll start on ijockey and guavaskip.

Haven't even heard of those, but I now understand casual use of flash, I spose :)

Flash 8 is a brilliant program :) i've been doing flash for a few years now .. there are easy ways to do it ...

the fastest (invloving very little or no code)

make the background black and make the images go to alpha % of 0 over a timeline of 5 or 10 frames and make each image on its own layer... do that to all of them and then put them in order and test :) thats the easiest way :)

there are more complex ways using AS but thats the fastest way to create a fade to and from black.

Back