Final Major Project! HELP?!?!?

shizzle

hello there, my final major project is CELEBRATION, i chose it as it is something we all do weather its for christmas or when we pass our driving tests! im really stuck for ideas! can anyone PLEASE! help me!

how whould you go about researching and creating ur final thing if it was you r project

any help will be MUCH apreciated thank you!! <3

I think you'd get more success if you thought a bit more laterally...there's going to be very little mileage in themes relating to passing a driving test and personally I would steer clear of anything Christmas related.

Is this final project for a Degree or A-Level?

hey there thanks for the help!

its for an alevel but really it needs to be degree standard to get good grades, i see were your coming from your rite but what can i do now my theme is already chosen i can't change it?

I agree with the above post...even though you can't change the theme of Celebration, using a thesaurus will give you a lot more scope and offer some options which you might not have already thought about.

thanks helen

thats been really helpful but i don't know how to go about it? like what would you do as your final thing would you make like a 3d thing? or a book on how to celebrate or talk about the emotions of it ? what would you do??

There's a Royal Wedding coming up. Lots of people celebrate those. Maybe do something with that.

thats a really good idea thank you very much? what would you do with the royal wedding? any ideas? i have mental block atm thats why i came on a forum for the first time EVER!

Research first

I would start with a healthy bout of research set aside two hours look at other artists and art that has been created around ideas see what works what you like. This time spent will be well worth the effort as it will give you an abundance of ideas And will really help you gain the answers you are after let me know what you have chosen to do!

As mentioned research the theme first, just write down everything that comes to mind, no matter how crazy, boring, cliched or unrelated it may seem.

Eventually ideas will start to form and you can then look at those ideas and think about how you may demonstrate them (some ideas may suit one medium more than another).

I would start with a healthy bout of research set aside two hours look at other artists and art that has been created around ideas see what works what you like. This time spent will be well worth the effort as it will give you an abundance of ideas And will really help you gain the answers you are after let me know what you have chosen to do!

thank you very much ive done all ym research, before i start my ideas development would u suggest a 3d sculpture like a christmas tree with peoples celebration memorys stuck oni it? or like a book talking about celebrations? or scicology that is involved in it?

what would you do?

If it's for a graphic design A level, I'd go down the editorial route of a book or small magazine. Perhaps the idea is just as simple as collecting people's stories of celebrations and collating them into an editorial design.

You could touch on what celebration means to different people, how some enjoy it, some despise it (think lonely people such as widows/widowers who perhaps feel they have nothing to celebrate anymore), different stories, from different people from different backgrounds, all together in a beautifully designed book.

wow ! thank you thats really helped me and gave me another perspective on it! i will try n desing an editorial book i will look at the diferent angles of celebration like u said? however im sill stuck wondering how do i strt the book of and how would i end it leaving people feeling like they have learnt something?
??

That's all going to come down to content. A good mix of funny, sad, embarrassing, etc etc.

I'd make the stories short little snippets, nothing too long, with a picture of the person who gave you the story so you can relate to them, one story per page.

Often places like HMV have a selection of books that feature this sort of stuff. Also book shops like Waterstones have them near the tills in the 'gift' section. It might be worth heading there for some research.

That's all going to come down to content. A good mix of funny, sad, embarrassing, etc etc.

I'd make the stories short little snippets, nothing too long, with a picture of the person who gave you the story so you can relate to them, one story per page.

Often places like HMV have a selection of books that feature this sort of stuff. Also book shops like Waterstones have them near the tills in the 'gift' section. It might be worth heading there for some research.

thats really helpful i will do that thank you very much! may i just ask how would ou layout it out? landcape or portrait? a3? a4? and would you do purely illustraion or abit of writing aswell? typograghy? and if i do include wrting do i simply jst rite what emotins are being felt at the time? or like the full story? any links on internet of similar projects u know of would greatly help im looking but not much look at the moment?

thank you again

thats a really good idea thank you very much? what would you do with the royal wedding? any ideas? i have mental block atm thats why i came on a forum for the first time EVER!

Dunno to be honest and not even sure what exactly you are studying and what your limitations/parameters are. It just struck me that you are talking about celebrations and you have the opportunity coming up to get lots of people celebrating at once rather than, for instance, one person celebrating their driving test.

Care to expand on what options you have for a medium?

Dunno to be honest and not even sure what exactly you are studying and what your limitations/parameters are. It just struck me that you are talking about celebrations and you have the opportunity coming up to get lots of people celebrating at once rather than, for instance, one person celebrating their driving test.

Care to expand on what options you have for a medium?

im studying graphic design and literally anythin goes. we can do watever we want to do

Basically, just do whatever you want to do. What do you want to design? It' s much more enjoyable to work on something that you're passionate about rather than something for someone else, so be sure to pick something you're going to want to work on.

This is your chance to impress the Universities so make it count.

You've got lots of ideas from people here - many of whom have gone through all this themselves.

You do have to think about it for your self - asking what size it should be and landscape or portrait are going to have to be decisions you make and will depend on what you end up doing. It could be that a small 10cm square book in a box would suit. It has to come from you, your ideas and design style... and you need to be able to say why you made it that size, or only in black and white, or out of recycled materials. Get my drift?

Have fun - enjoy what you are doing and it will show.

Back