Facebook Like Button Integration Headache - Help!!

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me were I am going wrong please, I have integrated the FB like button into one of my pages > Leaflet Printing and Leaflets > A5, A6, DL, A4 | 5000 A5 leaflets £85

In IE this displays fine, when not logged into FB it says....

6 people like this.

Which is perfect but in FF it says...

6 likes. Sign Up to see what your friends like.

...which makes some of the text go behind a banner just below, how do I fix this?

Cheers

Damon

Actually when logged in I now have the same problem, with a comment box popping up also.

Is it not possible to just have the like button, how many likes and that's it, without all the other bits?

quickest fix would be either remove the names so you just get the like button and button count..

or give the code its own div tag style

I suffer with this as well. You'll get it different in different browsers because of whether you are logged in to FB or not. The best I have found is to use something like 'AddThis' instead.

I suffer with this as well. You'll get it different in different browsers because of whether you are logged in to FB or not. The best I have found is to use something like 'AddThis' instead.

So is it not possible to put it in a div that allows it to expand height wise dependant on what text is shown? But ensuring the whitespace gap above and below is always the same and even?

yeah using addthis is another simple fix but you dont get the stats you probably want.. I personally would just regenerate the code with a simple button count

but yes, by styling the script you should fix it..

yeah using addthis is another simple fix but you dont get the stats you probably want..

Add This does give stats if you log in and they e-mail you once a month but point taken :icon_biggrin:

Been a while since I've done this but are you able to adjust the iframe height in the code?

you can adjust the hight of iframes, but personally to keep it clean and tidy, i would opt for the standard box count version,

will fix your problem instantly, and overall ithink it looks much neater..

ok... i will be very short:

0) I suppose you have a FB fan page - if not, create one.

1) go to Like Box - Facebook Developers
2) create a <Like Box> for yourself
3) copy the code
4) post it in your page (side bar)
5) refresh the screen and enjoy the retrieved Likes with faces and all thedata

have a good day,
Helmuts

p.s. too complicated - ask here :)

Back