Everyone use Google Analytics or an alternative?

richimgd

Now then everyone. I have Google Analytics and Webmaster tools. Does anyone use any other (free) tools? Or are there any advantages with examples of paid tools? I sometimes question how accurate google analytics is. What everyone elses views on the subject? I've noticed there are some other option but have never had experience with them myself.

I'm with 1and1 hosting and you get free statistics with them, but the data is completely different when compared with google analytics. Also I have viewed websites with google analyitics setup, in a specific city which then never shows up when reviewing google analytics for that day etc. I guess there might be some slight margin of error to be expected.

Google Analytics is standard implentation for all our clients although we also use the following depending on type of client/budget and/or project type/website type:-

Woopra
Crazy Egg
Trackur
SiteCatalyst
WebTrends
ClickTracks

You may also want to check an article such as this one if you are interested in creating your own analytics interface or using other providers API to create your own attributes/data.

Real time analytics is the way forward, we have experimented with many others than those listed - there is so many to choose from now but if you have none-minimal budget then stick with Google Analytics as subscribing with some of the others can cost a lot per month.

Thanks a lot for the info. I think I'll stick to google analytics for now, but I will refer to this post if I want to look into other options.

Back