Editable design on order page

KenKid13

Hi, I'm looking for some assistance but getting a bit lost when searching online as it's a difficult one to explain in a search engine, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm wanting to create an order page on a website, that allows users to edit and select a design to order. For example, I create and sell invitations, so I want users to be able to select what theme they want, from a pre-created list of options, and enter their details prior to ordering, so it gives users an idea of what the design will look like, then when purchased, it will send me the image to print.

I'm not expecting someone to design this for me :) but if someone could point me towards some info that might help me with the code of editing an online image template from images that I provide, that would be awesome.

Thanks for your help!

I have a lot of experience in this area and trust me, if you're looking to show the user how their design will look on screen before printing expect to have a lot of money reaady.

I worked on theDogsDoodhas website, A spin off from Emotional Rescue. At one time they were the third biggest personalised greeting card site behind Moonpig and Funky Pigeon, The personalised bit was bought out my Moonpig so the site is no longer live.
For the actual render engine they used a product from a German company called Direct Smile, most of the companies use it and the licensing is crazy-expensive. We integrated this into our website for them.

Now they only sell standard cards you can't design.

From this I went on to develop a similar site for Bakerdays, offering personalised cakes by post. They didn't want to pay the Direct Smile fees so I was part of the team that built a custom site for them, the first part of this was £40k, we worked with them for about 4 years constantly developing the site and I think the overall cost into the site was more like £120k.

But they did a couple million in sales over that period. For whatever reason, there were bought out, the website is now operated by some other developers but my intellectual property and the personalisation system is still underlying, the company I worked for are still chasing this through the courts I believe but I've moved elsewhere now.

Looks also at https://www.letterpress.co.uk/ this is more along the lines of what you want, but no online/live personalisation. I worked on this too but not in a long time and the site has to be 15 years old by now and desperately needs to be updated. They were bought out by Gee Brothers, their site might also be helpful for you.

Back