Does anyone know what the release date of CS5 will be?

Conway

Hi All

I own a version of CS3 at the moment, but even though CS4 is currently the latest version Ive read somewhere that its not really necessary the extra cash to upgrade to the next version from your own, as they are only minor improvements, however the version after that i.e CS5 is where the major changes will occur and is defiantly worth the investment.

But seen as CS4 has been out for a while now, I figured I might as well save my penny's until CS5 will be released, it cant be long now surly...I mean I was thinking of buying one of those gorgous new imacs but theres no real point until CS5 is out because thats all id be using it for really!!

I was thinking surly someone must of heard some gossip on the imminent arrival of when CS5 will be released.....so does anyone know??....and does anyone also know what improvements or new features will be added?

That is rather soon. Any clue as to what new features are included in such things like Illy and Photoslurp?
The blog isn't giving an awful lot away.

Ive read somewhere that its not really necessary the extra cash to upgrade to the next version from your own, as they are only minor improvements, however the version after that i.e CS5 is where the major changes will occur and is defiantly worth the investment.

CS4 WAS where the major changes happened (eg: 3D manipulation in Photoshop CS4)!! To justify the massive expense of a new Creative Suite, there have to be major changes each time!

Illustrator, no idea. My impression is that Photoshop and Flash are going to be the components most radically renovated, especially Flash. The changes to Photoshop don't look too important - a newish tool called 'PatchMatch' looks the nearest to a biggie. They're going to really push Flash for development, though, including mobile applications, which is going to be the next big market. Apart from that - I'm guessing, but I would bet real money - I suspect the big changes are going to be related with other Adobe products: AIR, Flex, Catalyst, maybe even Cold Fusion. I don't mean I think they're all going to be thrown in, just enough of them to put pressure on Adobe users to use them - and buy them. All in all, I have the impression that CS5 is likely to be a must-buy (or must-lay-my-hands-on) for developers more than designers.

All in all, I have the impression that CS5 is likely to be a must-buy (or must-lay-my-hands-on) for developers more than designers.

I agree completely. Adobe has expanded its mutimedia tools massively between CS3 & CS4 and its got to be the way the Suite progresses in CS5.

Back