Do webdesigners sleep?

andyd8

I've was up til 5am last night and feel like I'm on the verge of slipping into a coma. Thought I'd share incase anybody else has late night design nightmares and would like to make me feel better

I guess I can't call myself a web designer then :icon_biggrin:

I normally have a good 8-10 hours sleep a night, sometimes a little more.

Eventually yes, but it takes several alarms and a large Espresso to actually get me out of bed in time for work!

I sleep ok, but my last thought before I go to sleep is design and code....I dream in html.....and the first thing in my head when I wake up is "I know what I can do to make that design/logo/website better"

the first thing in my head when I wake up is "I know what I can do to make that design/logo/website better"

That's normally the kind of thing that runs through my mind first thing in the morning, either when I'm in the shower or stuck in a jam on the M60.

Been trying to get my boss to install a shower here, half tongue in cheek, half serious. The best ideas come with the smell of Original Source Lime Shower Gel.

No self respecting designer gets enough sleep ;)
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

It's not just web design that has me on the lates/early's, when I was doing the show dog newspaper I had several all nighters, especially when its only a day or two before print day, and those few adverts that were coming in done ready to drop in don't appear, and have to be designed & proofed, changed, proofed..blah blah blah, then you have the dog shows the day before print day, and it's like 2am before the images and report get through to me on the email.

And yes, I have printed out code, and went to bed with it and a pen, then realise the error, to go back downstairs and switch the computer on to try it. :icon_yawn:

Why can't us designers just shut off??

Very serious :icon_biggrin:

I understand I'm in the minority, and although it gives me less hours in the day I wouldn't have it any other way!

I can stay up late amazingly. Its just getting up in the morning! I hate my alarm with a passion and whoever invented the snooze button is the greatest man/woman/thing EVER!

The snooze button is rubbish! It actually wakes me up for a second! I go to sleep to sleep, not be woken by -BUH-BEEP- BUH-BEEP-! :D

I like to think if there were more hours in the day I'd get more sleep but I really don't think it'd work that way??? Maybe for designers death is actually a sweet release (in a completely non morbid way)

Back