Do webdesigners sleep?

I used to burn the wick in the middle, can't do that anymore, it's like the old drink problem, I drink I fall down, no problem ;) Can stay up really late but it's sure hard to get up in the morning ;)

Need coffee on drip sometimes heheh :) It's all par for the course ;)

Web Designers shouldnt sleep. As were opening a new business, its crazy. Went to sleep 2am every night this week so far, got up at 8. Was coding / designing / selling straight through. I dream in PHP.

You know in the matrix (the films) when they are so used to the green code stuff, they just see blonde, brunette, redhead. Im like that with php.. instead of hot blondes, i get <? include("hot_blonde.php"); ?>

not good.... ate 24 mini scotch eggs yesterday though, boss hog seemed impressed :D

No I def don't do nightshift!

I start early though sometimes about 6am and find the period between this and 2pm is the most productive.

However I know my programmer works all night quite a lot!

Designers who don't want to go to bed

I think it's a common trait for designers in general from what I hear around the forums.

Coffee drinking is rife in designers as a medication for all the late nights, I'm usually a dreadful caffeine abuser, but for the last few months I'm in my 'herbal tea phase', which is where I attempt to be healthy.

The coffee may get a hold of me again at some point though.

I do try to be good though and try to get 7hrs as many nights as possible. Though 4-5hour nights slip in frequently. The issue is that although I'm tired I just don't want to go to bed. Rather like a silly child I am.

For instance Sunday night I had 4hrs sleep, last night I was exhausted and had 7yrs sleep from 12.30am after falling asleep watching tv 'attempting' to stay up late again.

Tonight I know I won't be so good now I'm 'rested' from the 7hrs and I've heard all manner of stuff about what's going on in the BB house, so now I know I'm going to stay up late watching catch up tv, lol.

The worst bit is that no matter how late I stay up, I'm woken up by 7/7.30am, which is when the kids burst into the room demanding breakfast and trying to talk to me.

I can't even loll around in bed ignoring them, I have to get out of the bed by 8am at the latest and get them off to school.

Amanda

I can relate to that. I've been up till the early hours before finishing off a site design or building links to the sites. Only to get about 3 hours sleep and begin the process all over again. What a life we choose to lead, god bless coffee and red bull.

Back