css and html tutorials

True Graphics

i want to learn html and css what tutorials should i go to and how long will it take to learn. if i am
using dreamweaver do i still need to learn css or html

thanks

curtis

If you want to learn HTML and CSS then personally I'd move away from Dreamweaver, I started out using that and wish I hadn't! It does some of the work for you and doesn't really teach you, I'd use notepad++ if you're Windows of course.

If you want to learn HTML and CSS then personally I'd move away from Dreamweaver, I started out using that and wish I hadn't! It does some of the work for you and doesn't really teach you, I'd use notepad++ if you're Windows of course.

That's good advice. Learn to code in notepad++ and then go back to Dreamweaver to see how it can speed up your development time and improve your workflow. Nowt wrong with DW as long as you don't think you can 'drag and drop' a website. :icon_biggrin:

I bought the Head First book - Learn HTML & CSS and just worked my way through it. I took a look at DW and didn't understand a thing! Stick at it it's not that hard to do simple, functional sites.

I like DW's split view.
I code on the left, but then I get to make sure it's working (roughly) on the right, which is handy :)

Back