CS5 or CS4?

I use CS5 and CS4 at work (and just CS5 at home) and my prefrence is towards CS4. I dunno if its just that Ive got used to how CS4 works but CS5 can be a bit difficult as Adboe thought it would be fun to move EVERYTHING!!

I use CS5 and CS4 at work (and just CS5 at home) and my prefrence is towards CS4. I dunno if its just that Ive got used to how CS4 works but CS5 can be a bit difficult as Adboe thought it would be fun to move EVERYTHING!!

Yep.

CS5 is definitely annoying when you first install it. Other than Photoshop, which has some cool new features, I wouldn't bother.

My biggest moan has to be the way InDesign resizes images around the centre of the frame! It doesnt seem to be something that I can adjust either! deffo a PITA!

My biggest one is the stupid scaling system when it doesn't tell you the actual type size, but just the size in relation to what it was before you scaled it!

I can't seem to turn this off in CS5 in the same way that I could with CS4. In any case, why the hell is it turned on as default? Also, why is "Let pages shuffle" in the page layout panel turned on as default? And why is the labelling of those two items so bloody non - intuitive?

Still better than Quark though - runaround turned on as standard?!

I think Adobe have been so busy trying to make everything capable of building websites theyve kinda forgotten about those of us who'd still like you use the apps for the purpose they were intended!

I don't know if if was just my Mac but when I installed CS5, there was a definite time delay in Photoshop from moving the mouse to the cursor moving onscreen (I've never experienced this problem with CS4).

Another issue that Adobe still haven't addressed is dragging a layer to another Photoshop document causes Photoshop to crash. Unless you're going to use of the updated 3D features in Photoshop CS5, I'd stick with CS4.

It seems like our guys here prefer Cs5, it's new, something to learn about, it's always good to introduce new things, seems to work brilliantly fine here x]

Back