Critique, advice, tips

v0607

Hello everyone,

I am Vytas, first year graphic design student based in london) don't know if you have a lot of international's here)

Basically i have worked with various design projects and got a lot of experience in creative industry but it was all in my home country. Now i came here and its all different :)

After the first year i would like to look for a job here so what i want from you guys to give a honest critique about my work and i would like to know what are my chances to get a job here? how should i consider my skills and how confident should i be before applying for a job? its all new for me here i am not familiar with creative industry and i don't know what to expect :) it would be really great to get some advices or tips for my future improvement. And of course maybe boost my confidence a bit. Or not :)

Here is my portfolio http://0607.lt/portfolio.htmlhttp://0607.lt (its in foreign language, but it shouldnt be a problem to find a portfolio) sorry for that)

Thank you for your time, i really appreciate it.

The forums tend to be a bit quiet sometimes, but have patience and people will eventually find your thread :)

Your work looks very clean, and has a good deal of variety. A little bit of information about each piece of work in your portfolio would be useful, just explaining what it's about, what role you played in the design if it was a group effort, etc.

My portfolio look got updated again!

Thank you Paul for advice, will consider that for sure)

but... 164 views and still a bit quiet here

It's strange that nobody has replied :(

I don't really have any critiques about your work or the layout of your site (I love the scrolling images, I want to implement something similar into a wordpress theme I'm developing). It may be worth reducing the amount of images in your web and print categories though. Try selecting just the very best (in your opinion) and have a varied selection.

As I mentioned before a little bit of information about each design is worth considering. People like to read about designs as well as just looking at them :)

Hi Vytas,

Overall it's a nice site with some good work on there.

A couple of thing which I noticed. There are a few case of lowercase 'i's used in the text rather than the capital 'I'.

Secondly, I wasn't too sure about the text on the header to be honest, you describe yourself as a dreamer first, then a rockstar, then a designer. If your looking to attract clients or gain employment through the site I don't think 'dreamer and rockstar' are qualities that people will be looking for.

Those are just my first thoughts when reading it, if you really want to keep that text I'd suggest knocking it down slightly, a little bit a space above 'dreamer' would help.

Thanks about the mistakes!

and about the words... maybe its just the point where we have two opinions:) i personally believe its a *must* for a graphic designer to be a rockstar in his heart:)

anyway thank you for your feedback!

at least im heading somewhere:)

ok, first thing, i like the humour. It sells you!
Love the scrolling AND resizing graphics - first time i seen that.
Personally - your website screams designer, i think youll be picked up soon.

only thing that irritated me is i have a laptop widescreen and had to keep scrolling up and down until i realized clicking moved me to the next image

Good luck

Like a lot of the work on there.
The site works well.
A bit of a description as Paul said, about each project would be very useful I think.

I would reorder the header a touch ;)

Back