Create large image from seamless tile

booktrawler

Hi all

I would like to create static images to use for print on demand from seamless files. My tile images are usually about 3600x3600 300dpi and the image sizes I want to transform them to are:

If your goal is to enable all products Society6 has to offer including large format products like curtains, bedding, outdoor items, wall murals, and furniture, we recommend starting with a horizontal asset that’s 15000px x 9000px, a vertical asset that’s 8000px x 12000 px, and a square asset that’s 12000px x 12000px, at 300 dpi.

My question is what would be the best, but affordable tool, to create the large images I need. Preferably on the iPad 10.2.

Thanks in advance

Richard

I'm guessing these are not vector images.

Due to the limited ram on the iPad 10.2 I'm not even sure the apps would support the resolutions required, hell even most pc's would struggle with the 135+ MEGAPIXEL images it sounds like you want to make.

As to ones to check, first thought would be affinity but I think we might need a little more info on exactly what you're trying to do.

Here is the spec sheet for the product range. I am specifically interested in using my seamless patterns for cushions, pillows, shower curtains, bath mats and the like.
Maybe have a read of said spec sheet.... your original resolutions being mentioned are nothing like what that says.

I think Affinity on the iPad would be best for you.

You could always get a free trial to see if it works for you.

There's some info here

Photoshop iPad
Would be next but it's subscription based model - again maybe a free trial available.

FWIW - I made the size and resolution and a JPEG from it all it's only about 50mb on output size.
(PSD editable) Raw file is about 500mb.

Whatever iPad you get - make sure it has plenty of storage!

Or ditch the iPad and (and Apple) and get a very good computer that's able to handle/store all the files you need.
PC laptops/desktops are far cheaper than Apple products. And the software works the same on all.

For the price of an iPad you could get a very powerful PC Laptop.

Back