Copywriter looking to collaborate with Graphic Designer

Paulus

Hi, I'm new here so I apologise profusely if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm not offering payed work, I'm just looking to collaborate with an up and coming graphic designer on a few projects for my/our portfolio.

Basically, I'm an aspiring copywriter who's managed to get his hands on a few creative briefs from my brother in law who works in the advertising profession. I've worked on a couple of them, but my photoshop/graphic design skills are severely lacking and unfortunately leave a lot to be desired (I've left a link to an example of my work below). In order to combat this, I want to hook up with a graphic designer who's looking to bolster their portfolio also. I can get an almost constant supply of briefs, and I think this could be quite beneficial for both parties.

Anyhow, if you're interested PM me and we'll go from there.

Regards,
Paul S.

Graphic design/copywriting example:

Blunt Copywrite :: Portfolio :: Digital advertising ::

Welcome to the forum.

This sounds like something that I'd love to be involved in. I'm always looking for ways to improve my portfolio but I dont have the time or experience to market myself for freelance work.

Can I just clarify that these briefs are not for paid work and are not for a deadline of any kind? Are they just cast offs or no longer needed ones?

Hey, thanks for replying so swiftly.

It's a very fair question you ask, as there are plenty of charlatans about on forums like these. I can assure you 100% that these briefs are redundant (as in, already been completed and months, if not years old) and the only real gain I'm/we are going to be receiving from any of this is a new item to add to my/your portfolio.

As I've said to a few people that have already been kind enough to PM me, these briefs will cover a broad range of graphic/writing mediums and even if you're not interested in working in advertising in particular, they should provide a great opportunity to add to your portfolio.

Let us know what you think though and if you're interested, give us an email at [email protected].

... these briefs will cover a broad range of graphic/writing mediums and even if you're not interested in working in advertising in particular, they should provide a great opportunity to add to your portfolio.

Using the word 'mediums' isn't going to impress anyone looking to book a copywriter ...

The OED allows both 'mediums' and 'media,' and using 'mediums' here avoids any possible confusion with the communication media.

Isn't 'graphic/writing mediums' referring to communication media here?

For me, the only time it's - shall we say - non-controversially correct to use 'mediums' is in the context of more than one person who communicates with dead people. I'm aware that it can be shown to be technically correct in some other cases but it sounds clumsy to modern ears.

I have those pegged as the mass media (and aren't those the places where advertising usually appears?).

I have those pegged as the mass media (and aren't those the places where advertising usually appears?).
Sure, or the news media, or the communication media (unless I'm mistaken about the latter, which is perfectly possible). I think you're right, it probably was a marketing term, originally. Whatever, when we say "the media," we're usually talking about the press or broadcasting, not a means of expression.

Back