convert coreldraw to illustrator

adobe dummy

I've downloaded a trial version of Coreldraw in order to convert a CDR document to Adobe illustrator - but don't seem to be able to save the whole CDR document as ai in one go - only page by page. Is this the only rather painstaking way of doing it? Time on the trial is running out.....

I'm no expert on CorelDraw, but how is your artwork set up in CDR that means that it's exporting 'one page at a time'?

Illustrator is canvas-based and works on one single page/area.

Can you give a few more details?

Hi pcbranding

Thanks for getting back.
er- never actually used coreldraw before, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for - but document set up shows layout as 1 page per sheet with and workspace is X4 default. Is that what you meant?

This is a document that's come in from overseas and needs to be changed for the UK market. As we don't use CDr, just the Adobe suite, we want to change it into ai so that we have it to work on now and in the future without further faffing!

I think you do have to import page by page.

If you're running out of time with your trial software try saving as a mulitipage pdf from coreldraw and see if you can carry on importing page by page into illustrator from that. That way you may not need coreldraw when the time is up,

cheers

Tom

Yes, I fear you're right! I wouldn't mind but its one of those god awful specification manuals for an electronic product! Hey ho!
Many thanks

Back