Company Logo Feedback

C

CGD

Hi guys. Just looking for some feedback on a logo I created for my company. Be as honest as you like...you won't hurt my feelings. This is business...not personal lol!

Q1Ydc.jpg

The first thing I notice is that large portions of it are practically invisible on a dark grey background.

A gloss spot UV may look good on the biz card, but realistaically in most other situations you will have to sit it on white with black/grey text

Yeah I'd agree with all the above. It may work on a business card but is virtually obsolete above and I'm sure you couldn't use it this way as it is almost illegible. When you or a client need to photocopy this you'll have no chance making it out.

Hmmmm I see what you are saying. Dave you said large portions of it are practically invisible, your referring to the text right? What would you suggest would be a better colour for the background? Also any comments on the name of the company (CGD - Cube Graphics Design)? Do you think the cube symbol is eye catching or does it need more work?

I would go with graphic design, rather than graphics design too. That being said, you will find that not many graphic design companies use the phrase 'graphic design' within their business name.

I would rethink the name personally

Hmm good point. So in your opinion I should change 'graphics design' to 'graphic design' even though companies don't use it...is this to be different? I actually had it that way you said before, but thought it seemed wrong. When you say rethink the name are you referring to the whole thing or the word 'Cube?' I chose that word because I wanted to use the slogan...''Thinking outside the box.''

It always strikes me that graphics design is something someone outside the profession would use - I'd go for Graphic. It does differentiate from web designer I think?

I think that perhaps illustrating Cube with a cube is a little obvious, having said which, the obvious should always be investigated.

Try thinking a little more laterally, perhaps a box and a superior figure 3 or the word design nicely executed the 'cubed' 3, or a Picasso style cube - a deconstructed cardboard box as a flat image, just directions off the top of my head, just typing with the flow.

You should try and think of every way that logo will be used, portrait, landscape, reversed out, newsprint, mono, on a fax header (yes people still use faxes), tone, line etc. etc. that way you'll not paint yourself into a corner further down the line.

Great feedback. Thanks a lot. Ok well I have changed 'Graphics' to 'Graphic' so that's one thing I've got right lol. Do you have gmail mate? I would like one on one feedback if that's ok please!

Ok I made changes like you guys said. Let me know what you think.

F6VUo.jpg

Well the obvious change for colour legibility has been made but I think that logo would have to be quite big on a business card for the strap underneath to be readable. You've got to take into account it will be on a business card, letterhead, comp slip etc, and the font underneath is not the most legible to start with.

I would personally go with

CUBE
strapline

and choose a strapline that defines the company i.e design and marketing

If you need to use Graphic Design I would lose the S off the end as it appears in your logo.

I think that CUBE would be much more memorable than CGD and as previously suggested, brainstorm some ideas on the cube theme

I would personally go with

CUBE
strapline

and choose a strapline that defines the company i.e design and marketing

If you need to use Graphic Design I would lose the S off the end as it appears in your logo.

I think that CUBE would be much more memorable than CGD and as previously suggested, brainstorm some ideas on the cube theme

I agree but I would also say that whatever strapline is used, the font is still illegible. It doesn't scale down well as it is.

Ok I added some changes to my logo. Let me know what you think please.

FwCKa.jpg

Back