Coca Cola + Adobe + You [UPDATED}

That's actually pretty cool! :D
Crowns sourcing done ethically which I'd never think I'd use in the same sentence.

The only 'issue' I have is the use of 'up to' in the donation.

Technically they can just give $1 per entry and if they only get 1000 entries that would top out at $1000... really they should have said they'd donate $30k no matter how many entries.

It's still a grand competition/crowdsourcing thingy.

You can participate if you want - you won't get anything out of it. And hopefully at the end the Special Olympics get $30k.

It's still a grand competition/crowdsourcing thingy.

You can participate if you want - you won't get anything out of it. And hopefully at the end the Special Olympics get $30k.
Like I say it's the 'up to' bit I don't like, not the idea behind it because it's a good cause. Coca Cola could easily afford to give that 30k no matter what but they've decided to add in the up to so could ultimately pay out less.

Yeh seems a bit petty. But if it was say "Coca Cola will donate £30k regardless of how many entries" would it entice more entries? If it's "up to £30K" then people might add in more designs to push it a bit more.

You're dead on though -the wording is scrappy.

Special olympics is a good cause. But I don't like the wording that Coca cola uses with the mentioning of "up to". They should donate $30k regardless of the number of submissions. Otherwise it feels like they could donate $30 and then shrug off all criticism by saying "hey, we mentioned up to $3ok not exactly $30k".

This would be pretty good PR for Coca-Cola and a company like that could divert 300k (never mind 30k) from their advertising budgets, and do so without even breaking a sweat. So I can see where Levi is coming from about how cheap it all seems.

Ultimately however, it's 30k more than I'm giving to the special olympics anytime soon - so it's better than nothing. They could easily blow the money on some god awful ad campaign starring some half wit R&B star or something.

@Jri

It's not even certain that they will donate $30k. They say "up to" so that's the issue here. Then if they would donate $3ok, it's still nothing taking into account how big they are. Also it seems to be some form of cooperation between coca cola and adobe here, as you need to use adobe tools. If you use Affinity, Gimp or something similar you will have to buy one of adobe's programs in order to be able to submit anything.

That was my point, they could splash out a fortune effortlessly - but instead are just offering the a chance for 30k. It's a bit cheap.

As far as the association with Adobe goes, it's a PR stunt at the end of the day. They want to make money by selling CC subs and fizzy drinks, hence the skimpy budget. I'm a natural cynic, so I'm always skeptical about the motives of big companies and celebs who attach themselves to 'good causes' - however, within reason; any effort that potentially sends 30 grand the way of something like The Special Olympics is fine by me.

I agree with you that it's a bit cheap. If the campaign does well however, it's likely that Coca Cola will do similar PR stunts in the future. Which will potentially support Special Olympics and similar causes. As such a big company as Coca Cola has chosen to do this PR stunt, do you think that other companies will do something similar?

@rosssmith,

Once you're finished with the design, upload a screenshot of it here as it would be interesting to see what contributions have been made by forum members. Maybe one of the designers here will be the one who created the design that Coca Cola will use in their advertisements in the 2020 Olympics.

It has now been updated to a once off
https://cokexadobexyou.com/?adbid=1...=fb&adbpr=341657335877606&scid=social74374647

logo-coke-menu.svg

Coca-Cola and Adobe invite you to create a work of art celebrating Coca-Cola, sport, movement, strength, and unity using Adobe Creative Cloud tools. To celebrate the creative community, Coca-Cola will make a one-time contribution of $35,000 to Special Olympics.

That's interesting. They have increased the sum and removed the mention of "up to". So it's a once off. They must have read the constructive criticism in this thread and made the much needed improvements :)

Back