client: "design my own business card if I send it to you" me "erm..."

Chirox

I have a lovely client who has sent me a message saying

"I'm not trying to cut cost or anything but can we use my design and you take bit off the price?'

Needless to say its not of a business card proportioned rectangle, looks like comic sans and its in PowerPoint.

I've design thier logo which they're happy with, so how do I politely say, erm, can't really use that (and I will shave a bit off the price)

Funnily enough that's what I sort of did, one of those things where you have to be diplomatic but to the point

Ah yes how to diplomatically tell the client they are taking the ....

I have a customer like this currently armed with a Microsoft publisher file to create a mailing with and asking me to clean it up!

Ahhhh...Good old Microsoft Publisher!

I remember in a previous job when I was asked to be responsible for all the marketing materials and they incorporated design into my job role, but wouldn't get any sort of appropriate software. I was expected to 'make do' with the Microsoft Office suite to create everything! I clearly remember nearly choking to death on my brew when it was even suggested I use Paint!

"I'm not trying to cut cost or anything but can we use my design and you take bit off the price?'

That's the definition of cutting the cost. :crazy:

I'd politely tell them everything they've given you is totally unusable - and although they've put something together, you'll have to re-do it from the beginning.

Back